After an exciting year for NetEnt with the acquisition of a good amount of new customers together with entries in new markets and plenty of successfully launched new games, there was no doubt that 2016 would be another record braking year for the gigantic Nordic company.
Based in Malta, NetEnt revenues for the full year 2016 sky rocketed to 28.5% to an astonishing SEK 1,455 (€153) Million with a total profit increase after tax of 29.6% which amounts to SEK 150 (approx. €16) million. Here is a quick financial and status report for the full year 2016.
- Revenues for the full year increased by 28.5% to SEK 1,455 (€153) million
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 536 (€56) million, an increase of 33.4%
- Operating margin was 36.8 (35.5)%
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 504 (€53) million, an increase of 34.9%
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.10 (€0.22) after dilution
- 45 new customer agreements were signed and 34 new customers’ casinos were launched
- Proposed cash distribution to shareholders of SEK 2.25 (€0.24) per share
- At the end of 2016, NetEnt had 31 signed customers that had not yet been launched
Per Eriksson, President and CEO at NetEnt said;
"2016 was another exciting year for NetEnt with new record levels in revenues, earnings and cash flow. The fourth quarter developed well – revenues increased by 23.9 percent and the operating margin improved to 39.0 percent. Great Britain continues to offer great growth potential for us and in December, it became our largest geographical market for the first time. Looking ahead in 2017, we see conditions for continued solid growth, supported by a strong pipeline of new games, UK, mobile, new customers to launch as well as our expansion in North America."
NetEnt has acquired a lot of new licenses and certifications and their games where also introduced to new regulated markets such as Romania, Bulgaria and Portugal.
They have also signed 45 new customers, which according to Mr. Eriksson, is the highest number of new customers ever recorded in one year. Several other large investments where made during the year while their platform was being kept enchanced and developed to offer a mobile solution for Live Casino Roulette which they think it will eventually support their growth in the near future.
We just wish NetEnt a good and successful year ahead! ...good job guys!